Welcome to Connie's Spot©
Welcome to Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© Crocheting, Crafting, and Creating! Now in our 5th Year We Want to Thank All of Our Customers/Friends Who Have Helped Us Grow to Over 6000 Followers, Over 65,500 Pattern Downloads & Now Over 600,000 Page Views From All Over the World We Thank You All!!!
If you are new to Connie's Spot© make sure to take the time to follow Connie's Spot© to get her latest Patterns available at her shops on Etsy, Ravelry or Craftsy. Check out Connie's Spot© Blog Archive of 300+Posts & Growing! That includes Free Crochet Patterns from Connie Hughes Designs© Cooking & Baking Tips, Crafting & Decorating Tips, Travel & Poetry, More!
As always Connie's Spot© is free of Pop-Ups and Invasive Ads...so take your time and explore her blog post archives its loaded with gems...most of all enjoy! Connie's Spot© will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on the Advertiser/Sponsor Links. This helps cover the cost for providing free patterns!
Thanks for Visiting Connie's Spot© Like Something Tell Us...Want to See Something Tell Us! When contacting Connie's Spot© in the comments section you need to give a reply email address! Here's Connie's Spot contact email address: email@example.com
Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© Characters, Photo's, Designs & Patterns are All Copyright© Protected All Rights Reserved.
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Thursday, December 18, 2014
By Connie Hughes Designs©
This hat is so cute on and the bells have a very soft sound...
so no headaches here!
With Cherry Red
Row 1. Wk 9hdc in the 2nd st from the hook, do not join-9sts. (Use a stitch marker)
Row 2. 2hdc in each st around-18sts.
Row 3. 1hdc in the first st, 2hdc in the next, around-27sts.
Row 4. 1hdc in 2 sts, 2hdc in the next, around-36sts.
Row 5. 1hdc in the next 3 sts, 2hdc in the next, around-45sts.
Row 6. 1hdc in 4 sts, 2hdc in the next, around-54sts.
(Stop here for toddler, continue around/change to white yarn after 8th row, work 4 rows/change back to red. Continue around until hat measures 7inches).
To make the hat child size:
Work to 63sts, then continue until the hat measures 7.5inches.
If the ear flaps are to small work 12sts and work them the same way.
To make the Ear Flaps: with Cherry Red & J Hook (make 2)
Row 1. Wk 1sc in the next 10 sts, ch1 & turn-10sts.
Row 2. dec 1, 1sc in 6sts, dec 1, ch1 & turn-8sts.
Row 3. 1sc in the next 8sts, ch1 & turn.
Row4. dec 1, 1sc in 4 sts, dec 1,ch1 & turn-6sts.
Row 5. 1sc in 6sts, ch1 & turn.
Row 6. dec 1, 1sc in 2sts, dec 1, ch1 & turn-4sts.
Row 7. 1sc in 4sts, ch1 & turn.
Row 8. dec 1 2x, ch1 & turn, ch1 & turn.
Row 9. dec 1 and FO.
Change to white yarn and wk 1sc all the way around the hat & both ear flaps.
Row 1. 1sc in each st, ch1 & turn-9sts.
Rows 2-7. repeat row 1-9st.
Row 8. dec1, 1sc in 7, ch1 & turn-8sts.
Row 9. 1sc in 6, dec1, ch1 & turn-7sts.
Row 10. 1sc in 7sts, ch1 & turn.
Row 11. 1sc in 5sts, dec1, ch1 & turn-6sts.
Row 12. 1sc in 6sts, ch1 & turn.
Row 13. 1sc in 4, dec1, ch1 & turn-5sts.
Row 14. dec1, 1sc in 1, dec1, ch1 & turn-3sts.
Row 15. 1sc in 3,ch1 & turn.
Row 16. dec1, 1sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 17. dec1, ch1 and wk 1sc in each st, dec1 st as you go around the corners. Continue around the rest of the ear & FO the 1st ear.
Once you have 2 ears, put them together and wk 1sc around both.
With tan thread sew the ears in place.
Optional: sew on 1 Christmas Light button onto each ear.
To make the Pom-Pom: with Red & White yarn
Cut 1 piece of yarn about 7 or 8" long , lay it horizontal on top of a piece of cardboard about 3 or 4". With red & white yarn wrap both around cardboard about 80x and FO. Tie the horizontal piece of yarn around the bundle of yarn with a knot (you may need to do this several times to make it secure). Cut the yarn on the back side and continue trimming until you have a small ball. Sew the pom-pom on the top of the hat.
To put the Bells on:
You can sew the bells around the entire hat including the back if you want. I left about a 2" gap between each bell.
Or you can do what I did, I made a long trim piece and fastened the bells to that. This is how I made it: with Red yarn & G hook/.75 hook
Ch3, wk 1dc in the 3rd st from the hook, I took my bell and placed a .75mm hook inside the loop that's on the top of the bell.
I took my G hook off my yarn and placed my yarn over the .75 hook and pulled the red yarn through the loop that's on the bell.
Then I put my G hook back into place and ch3, wk 1dc in the 3rd st from hook, repeat with another ch3 and work 1dc in the 3rd st from the hook, put another bell in place and repeat this until it goes all the way around the hat. Sew it into place.
So it's ch3, 1dc, ch3, 1dc and put bell & repeat.
Make the braids and tie a piece of ribbon around the end of each one.
DKNY MYNY Fragrance
By Connie's Spot©
Add a little Christmas cheer to a small space or a patio
it's kind of like making a snow globe!
Saturday, December 13, 2014
By Connie Hughes Designs©
and who you are making her for enjoys her even more!!
I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!
I thank you all for supporting Connie’s Spot©
I’m looking forward to creating many New Designs in 2015!!
Sunday, December 7, 2014
by Connie Hughes Designs©
I didn't know what to do in my kitchen...
I just knew I wanted lights, presents with pretty ribbons...
and they had Byers Choice Dolls...so I had to stop and look...
My sweet husband bought me the door and another
Gingerbread Dolls last year...and they are adorable!
They are all Made in America!
Heirloom Collectible Nutcrackers by Zim's Ship Captain
Heirloom Collectible Nutcrackers by Zim's Santa Claus
Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© "Customer Testimonials"
- Bane Inspired Hat©*****Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship! Super speedy shipping and very well priced product! Great communication and pleasure to do business with! Thank you!!!!
- Viking Helmut Pattern*****turned out beautifully, easy to follow. I'm a slow crocheter & it did not take me long at all
- Little Girl And Snowman Crochet Dolls ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ This is so, so very cute! Attention to detail and workmanship are amazing!
- Handbag Baby Bow Satchel Purse Pattern© 5-Stars! I really love them, thanks!
- Minion Purple Monster Inspired Hat Pattern + Removable Goggles!! 5-Stars! Verry nice, easy to make!!
- Owl Backpack, Owl Doll and Owl Purse Patterns + Crocodile Stitch Picture Tutorial 5-Stars! Great Pattern! I love it!
- Minions Insipred Crocheted Doll 5-Stars! Amazingly fast shipping! Great doll! Love it!
- Rudolph Saves Christmas 5-Stars! Adorable item! My son will love it! Fast shipping, too. Thanks!
- So Cute Baby Is Back 5-Stars! Amazing quality! Love this doll. The perfect Christmas gift for a very special little girl! Thank You. It is perfect! Will be back
- Gingerbread, Haunted, and Doll House Patterns 5-Stars! Would purchase from this seller again!
- Little Mindy Mouse Pattern© 5-Stars! ★ª"˜¨¨★ª"˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸★THANK YOU!!★¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª★¨¨˜"ª★ Kind Regards Sabine :-)
- Owl Backpack, Owl Doll and Owl Purse Patterns + Crocodile Stitch Picture Tutorial 5-Stars! I really love them, thanks!
- SpongeBob Square Pants Inspired Crocheted Doll 5-Stars! Excellent quality. Looks just like pic. My little boy will love it!
- Ms Knight Helmet Hats 5-Stars! Connie made a beautiful bright pink with black accents (Ms Knight Hat) as per my request. It fits my daughter perfectly and it was delivered quickly. We love it! Thank you Connie
- Haunted House, Christmas Gingerbread House, & Gwinna's Doll House Patterns© Three Great Patterns in One!! 5-Stars! So cute and fun :)
- Purple Monster Hat and Removable Goggles Pattern© 5-Stars! Such creative and detailed patterns!
- Yellow Siren & French Maid Hat Patterns© 5-Stars! Wonderful patterns. Easily understandable patterns!!