Welcome to Connie's Spot©
To Purchase the Pattern for the Minion Inspired Purse & Backpack Pattern© Pictured Above Click on the Buy Now Button For the Non Crocheter The Finished Back & Purse are now Available at Connie's Spot© Shop on Etsy here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ConniesSpot
Welcome to Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© Crocheting, Crafting, and Creating!!
Make sure you check out Connie's Spot© Post Archive of 304 Posts and growing. That includes Crocheting-Paid and Free Patterns from Connie Hughes Designs©, Cooking and Baking Tips, Crafting and Decorating Tips, Travel, Poetry, and More!
Follow Connie's Spot© to get her latest Creation or Pattern Available @ her Shop on Etsy.com. Watch for Upcoming Freebies and Giveaways!
Thanks for Visiting Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© Like Something Tell Us... Want to See Something Tell Us!
Several people have contacted me to ask me questions, but you haven't given me an email address! My contact email is: email@example.com
As Always Connie's Spot© is free of Pop-Ups and Invasive Ads so feel free to enjoy Connie's Spot©!
Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© Are Copyright Protected All Rights Reserved.
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Saturday, May 9, 2015
Everyone Loved the hats so I had to make the Dolls!
F & D
Other Materials Used:
Small Pieces of Black/Pink Felt (for eyes, hat & tongue)
Needle & Threads
Abbreviations Used in Pattern:
sl st-slip stitch
FLO-front loops only
BLO-back loops only
hdc-half double crochet
Baby Donald & Daisy Duck Dolls are about 13" tall.
To make the Head & Body: with White Yarn & F Hook
The head and body are all one piece.
Row 2. 2sc in each st-12sts.
Row 3. 1sc, 2sc in the next st-18sts.
Row 4. 1sc in 2, 2sc-24sts.
Row 5. 1sc in 3, 2sc-30sts.
Row 6. 1sc in 4, 2sc-36sts.
Row 7. 1sc in 5, 2sc-42sts.
Row 8. 1sc in each st-42sts.
Rows 9-18. repeat row 8
Row 19.1sc in 5, dec1sc-36sts.
Row 20. 1sc in 4, dec1sc-30sts.
Row 21. 1sc in 3, dec1sc-24sts.
Row 22. 1sc in 2, dec1sc-18sts.
Row 23. 1sc in 18sts.
Row 24. Repeat row 23-18sts.
Change to Turquoise/Bright Pink Yarn
Rows 25-26. 1sc in each st-18sts.
Row 27. 1sc in 2, 2sc in the next-24sts.
Row 28. 1sc in 24sts.
Rows 29-30. repeat row 28
Row 31. 1sc in 3, 2sc-30sts.
Row 32. 1sc in 30sts.
Row 33. 1sc in 4, 2sc-36sts.
Row 34. 1sc in 36sts.
Row 35. 1sc in 5, 2sc-42sts.
Row 36. 1sc in 42sts.
Row 37. 1sc in 6, 2sc-48sts.
Row 38. 1sc in 48sts.
Change to White Yarn
Row 39. 1sc in the FLO in 7sts, 2sc-54sts.
Row 40. 1sc in each st-54sts.
Rows 41-45. 1sc in 54sts.
Stuff Head/Body as you go
Row 46. 1sc in 4, dec1sc-42sts.
Row 47. 1sc in 2, dec1sc-30sts.
Row 48. 1sc, dec1sc-20sts.
Row 49. 1sc, dec1sc in the next st.
Row 50. dec1sc until closed and FO.
To make Donald's Hat: with Black & F Hook
Ch30 join & ch1
Row 1. 1sc in 30sts, join& ch1.
Rows 2-3. repeat row 1
Change to Turquoise
Row 4. Now working in the FLO 1sc, 2sc in the next st, join & ch1.
Row 5. 1sc in each st.
Row 6. 1sc in the FLO, join & ch1.
Row 7. 1sc in each st, join& ch1.
Row 8. 1sc in 4sts, dec 1sc, join & ch1.
Row 9. 1sc in 3sts, dec 1sc, join & ch1.
Row 10. 1sc in 2, dec 1sc, join & ch1.
Row 11. 1sc in 1, dec 1sc, join & ch1.
Row 12. dec 1 until closed and FO.
To make Feet: with Yellow & F Hook (make 2)
Row 2. repeat row 1
Row 3. 2sc, 1sc in 2, 2sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 4. 1sc in 6sts, ch1 & turn.
Row 5. 2sc, 1sc in 4, 2sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 6. 1sc in 8sts, ch1 & turn.
Row 7. 2sc, 1sc in 6, 2sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 8. 1sc 4, 2sc in 2, 1sc in 4, ch1 & turn.
Row 9. 1hdc in 2, 1sc in 3, 2hdc in 2sts, 1sc in 3, 1hdc in 2, FO the first foot.
When you've made the second foot put the two together. Work 1sc around the sides, ch1 around the corners, when going around the top part of the foot work 1sl st in each st and FO.
To make the Legs do rows 1-18: with Yellow & F Hook (make 2)
Row 1. 6sc in the 2nd st from the hook.
Row 2. 2sc in each st-12sts.
Row 3. 1sc in 12sts.
Rows 4-14. repeat row 3
Change to White
Row 15. 1sc in the BLO in each st.
Row 16. 1sc in each st and FO.
To make Donald's Arms: with White & F Hook (make 2)
Row 1. 5sc in the 2nd st from the hook.
Row 2. 2sc in each st-10sts.
Row 3. 1sc in each st-10sts.
Row 4. repeat row 3
Row 5. ch3 wk 1sl st in the same st as ch3, 1sc in 10sts.
Ch3 will make a small thumb
Change to Turquoise
Change to Yellow
Change back to Blue
Rows 9-21. repeat row 8
Stuff Arm lightly
Row 22. dec1sc until closed and FO.
To make Daisy's Arms: with White & F Hook (make 2)
Repeat rows 1-6 of Donald's
Rows 7-17. 1sc in each st.
Change to Bright Pink
Row 19. 1sc in 20sts.
Stuff Arm lightly
Row 20. dec1sc all the way around in each st.
Row 21. dec1sc until closed and FO.
To make the Ruffle: Attach yarn in the unworked sts of row 16
To make Daisy's Collar: with White & F Hook
wk 1sc in 1, 3dc in 1st, 1sc in 2, 3dc, 1sc in 2, repeat all the way across and FO.
Sew around the neck.
To make the back of Donald's Shirt: with Turquoise & F Hook
Row 1. 1sc in 10sts, ch1 & turn.
Rows 2-7. repeat row 1, FO at the end of row 7
Row 8. Attach yellow yarn and wk 1sl st all the way around the 3 sides.
Sew it to the back.
To make Donald's Red Bow: with Red & F Hook
Row 1. 1sc in 8sts, ch1 & turn.
Repeat row 1 until the bow measures about 7" and FO.
To make the Center of the Bow:
Row 1. 1sc in 5, ch1 & turn.
Rows 2-3. repeat row 1 and FO.
Fold the bow over on each side and sew in place. Sew the center around the bow.
To make Daisy's Bow: with Bright Pink & F Hook (make 2)
Row 1. 1sc in 10, ch1 & turn.
Row 2. dec1sc, 1sc in 6, dec1sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 3. 1sc in 8, ch1 & turn.
Row 4. dec1sc, 1sc in 4, dec1sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 5. 1sc in 6, ch1 & turn.
Row 6. dec1sc, 1sc in 2, dec1sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 7. 2sc, 1sc in 2, 2sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 8. 1sc in 8, ch1 & turn.
Row 9. 2sc, 1sc in 4, 2sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 10. 1sc in 8, ch1 & turn.
Row 11. 2sc, 1sc in 6, 2sc, ch1 & turn.
Row 12. 1sc in 10sts, FO the first bow.
When you have both bows done, wk 1sc in each st around both and FO.
To make the center of the bow:
Row 1. 1sc in 6, ch1 & turn.
Row 2. repeat row 1 and FO.
Sew the center around the bow and sew it into place.
Row 1. 1sc in 12, ch1 & turn.
Rows 2-6. repeat row 1
Row 7. 1sc in the BLO,ch1 & turn.
Rows 8-12. 1sc in each st, ch1 & turn.
Row 13. 2sc, 1sc in 10, 2sc and FO.
Sew the beak onto the face with the side that has the 2sts on the ends, facing up.
To make the Eyes: with Light Blue & F Hook (make 2)
Row 1. 1sc in 3, 3sc in the last st, now working on the other side wk 1sc in 3sts.
Row 2. 2sc in 1, 1sc in 3, 2sc in 2,1sc in 3.
Row 3. 2sc in 2, 1sc in 4, 2sc in 2, 1sc in 4, 1st st and FO.
Sew the eyes to the head. With a small piece of black felt, cut out pupils and sew or glue them onto the blue eyes.
To make the white around the Eyes: with White & D Hook (make 2)
1sl st in each ch st, and FO-12sts.
Sew this above the eye.
Free Baby Donald & Daisy Inspired Doll Pattern©.
I hope who ever your making them for loves
them as much as I loved making them!
If you have any questions please feel free to email me @
This pattern is for personal use.
Photos, Patterns & Designs
All Rights Reserved.
Connie's Spot© Connie Hughes Designs©
Thanks for Supporting Connie's Spot© Sponsors!
Star Wars Rebels Party supplies at Birthday Express!!
Keep Cool This Summer with Cotton Knits at Patternworks
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© "Customer Testimonials"
- Bane Inspired Hat©*****Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship! Super speedy shipping and very well priced product! Great communication and pleasure to do business with! Thank you!!!!
- Viking Helmut Pattern*****turned out beautifully, easy to follow. I'm a slow crocheter & it did not take me long at all
- Little Girl And Snowman Crochet Dolls ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ This is so, so very cute! Attention to detail and workmanship are amazing!
- Handbag Baby Bow Satchel Purse Pattern© 5-Stars! I really love them, thanks!
- Minion Purple Monster Inspired Hat Pattern + Removable Goggles!! 5-Stars! Verry nice, easy to make!!
- Owl Backpack, Owl Doll and Owl Purse Patterns + Crocodile Stitch Picture Tutorial 5-Stars! Great Pattern! I love it!
- Minions Insipred Crocheted Doll 5-Stars! Amazingly fast shipping! Great doll! Love it!
- Rudolph Saves Christmas 5-Stars! Adorable item! My son will love it! Fast shipping, too. Thanks!
- So Cute Baby Is Back 5-Stars! Amazing quality! Love this doll. The perfect Christmas gift for a very special little girl! Thank You. It is perfect! Will be back
- Gingerbread, Haunted, and Doll House Patterns 5-Stars! Would purchase from this seller again!
- Little Mindy Mouse Pattern© 5-Stars! ★ª"˜¨¨★ª"˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸★THANK YOU!!★¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª★¨¨˜"ª★ Kind Regards Sabine :-)
- Owl Backpack, Owl Doll and Owl Purse Patterns + Crocodile Stitch Picture Tutorial 5-Stars! I really love them, thanks!
- SpongeBob Square Pants Inspired Crocheted Doll 5-Stars! Excellent quality. Looks just like pic. My little boy will love it!
- Ms Knight Helmet Hats 5-Stars! Connie made a beautiful bright pink with black accents (Ms Knight Hat) as per my request. It fits my daughter perfectly and it was delivered quickly. We love it! Thank you Connie
- Haunted House, Christmas Gingerbread House, & Gwinna's Doll House Patterns© Three Great Patterns in One!! 5-Stars! So cute and fun :)
- Purple Monster Hat and Removable Goggles Pattern© 5-Stars! Such creative and detailed patterns!
- Yellow Siren & French Maid Hat Patterns© 5-Stars! Wonderful patterns. Easily understandable patterns!!