Welcome to Connie's Spot©
Welcome to Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© Crocheting, Crafting, and Creating! Now in our 5th Year We Want to Thank All of Our Customers/Friends Who Have Helped Us Grow to Over 6000 Followers, Over 65,500 Pattern Downloads & Now Over 600,000 Page Views From All Over the World We Thank You All!!!
If you are new to Connie's Spot© make sure to take the time to follow Connie's Spot© to get her latest Patterns available at her shops on Etsy, Ravelry or Craftsy. Check out Connie's Spot© Blog Archive of 300+Posts & Growing! That includes Free Crochet Patterns from Connie Hughes Designs© Cooking & Baking Tips, Crafting & Decorating Tips, Travel & Poetry, More!
As always Connie's Spot© is free of Pop-Ups and Invasive Ads...so take your time and explore her blog post archives its loaded with gems...most of all enjoy! Connie's Spot© will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on the Advertiser/Sponsor Links. This helps cover the cost for providing free patterns!
Thanks for Visiting Connie's Spot© Like Something Tell Us...Want to See Something Tell Us! When contacting Connie's Spot© in the comments section you need to give a reply email address! Here's Connie's Spot contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© Characters, Photo's, Designs & Patterns are All Copyright© Protected All Rights Reserved.
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Cylinder Clutch Bag Pattern©
By Connie Hughes Designs©
perfect for a little girl or a slightly older one.
just use a really pretty yarn and a more mature button...
get yarn to match your dress and it's the Perfect Prom Dress Bag!
Materials and Yarns used to make these Bags:
Red Heart Kids Beach
Red Heart Bonbon Print
2 1" Buttons
To make the Bag: with a G Hook
To make the sides of the bag a little more sturdier make 2 for each side.
Row 1. 6sc in the 2nd st from the hook.
Row 2. 2sc in each st-12sts.
Row 3. 1sc, 2sc in the next st-18sts.
Row 4. 1sc in 2, 2sts in next st-24sts.
Row 5. 1sc in 3, 2sc in next st-30sts.
Row 6. 1sc in 4, 2sc in next st-36sts.
Row 7. 1sc in 5, 2sc in next st-42sts.
Row 8. 1sc in 6, 2sc in next st-48sts.
When you have both done work 1sc through both pieces.
Row 9. 1sc in the FLO in each st, join & ch1-48sts.
Row 10. 1sc in each st, join & ch1-48sts.
Rows 11-14. repeat row 10
To make the opening
Row 15. wk 1sc in each st, do not join, ch1 & turn.
Repeat row 15 until it measures about 61/2 inches.
Repeat rows 11-14 and FO.
Once you have the bag done sew the other side in place to seal up the bag.
(I meant to put the Bright Pink side on the outside of the bag...but I forgot and by the time I noticed what I had done...I was to far into it to change it).
Attach yarn to one side of the opening (like in the photo below) with a sl st and ch1.
Row 1. wk 1sc across one side of the opening, ch1 & turn.
Row 2. dec1sc, wk 1sc in each st across, decreasing the last 2sts, ch1 & turn.
Repeat row 2 until you have 4sts total.
To make the Button Hole:
Ch5, wk 1sl st in the last st, ch1 and wk 1sc in each ch and FO.
With the same color or with a contrasting color, wk 1sc around the flap.
To make the handle: with a G or F Hook
Row 1. wk 4sc in the 2nd st from the hook.
Row 2. 2sc in each st-8sts.
Row 3. 1sc in each st-8sts.
To make the handle on the White Bag repeat row 3 until it measures about 11 or 12 inches, you can stuff it lightly as you work.
To make the handle on the Blue & Pink Bag repeat row 3 until it measures about 6 or 7 inches.
them as much as I loved making them!
If you have any questions please feel free to email me @
This pattern is for personal use.
Characters, Photos, Patterns & Designs Copyright Protected
All Rights Reserved.
Connie's Spot© Connie Hughes Designs©
Thanks for Supporting Connie's Spot© Sponsors!!
Connie's Spot© & Connie Hughes Designs© "Customer Testimonials"
- Bane Inspired Hat©*****Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship! Super speedy shipping and very well priced product! Great communication and pleasure to do business with! Thank you!!!!
- Viking Helmut Pattern*****turned out beautifully, easy to follow. I'm a slow crocheter & it did not take me long at all
- Little Girl And Snowman Crochet Dolls ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ This is so, so very cute! Attention to detail and workmanship are amazing!
- Handbag Baby Bow Satchel Purse Pattern© 5-Stars! I really love them, thanks!
- Minion Purple Monster Inspired Hat Pattern + Removable Goggles!! 5-Stars! Verry nice, easy to make!!
- Owl Backpack, Owl Doll and Owl Purse Patterns + Crocodile Stitch Picture Tutorial 5-Stars! Great Pattern! I love it!
- Minions Insipred Crocheted Doll 5-Stars! Amazingly fast shipping! Great doll! Love it!
- Rudolph Saves Christmas 5-Stars! Adorable item! My son will love it! Fast shipping, too. Thanks!
- So Cute Baby Is Back 5-Stars! Amazing quality! Love this doll. The perfect Christmas gift for a very special little girl! Thank You. It is perfect! Will be back
- Gingerbread, Haunted, and Doll House Patterns 5-Stars! Would purchase from this seller again!
- Little Mindy Mouse Pattern© 5-Stars! ★ª"˜¨¨★ª"˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸★THANK YOU!!★¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª★¨¨˜"ª★ Kind Regards Sabine :-)
- Owl Backpack, Owl Doll and Owl Purse Patterns + Crocodile Stitch Picture Tutorial 5-Stars! I really love them, thanks!
- SpongeBob Square Pants Inspired Crocheted Doll 5-Stars! Excellent quality. Looks just like pic. My little boy will love it!
- Ms Knight Helmet Hats 5-Stars! Connie made a beautiful bright pink with black accents (Ms Knight Hat) as per my request. It fits my daughter perfectly and it was delivered quickly. We love it! Thank you Connie
- Haunted House, Christmas Gingerbread House, & Gwinna's Doll House Patterns© Three Great Patterns in One!! 5-Stars! So cute and fun :)
- Purple Monster Hat and Removable Goggles Pattern© 5-Stars! Such creative and detailed patterns!
- Yellow Siren & French Maid Hat Patterns© 5-Stars! Wonderful patterns. Easily understandable patterns!!